Tasty Thursday #5
(Garlic noodles with jumbo shrimp prepared by me)
I’m excited about today’s recipe! If you live in the Bay Area then you know about the infamous Thanh Long in the beautiful city of San Francisco. If you’ve never been there, you’ve either been to, or heard of Crustaceans. Thanh Long is a small and intimate restaurant located on the corner of 46th and Judah. The smell as you enter is intoxicating. They are known for their roasted crab and garlic noodles. No lie, this pair is damn near orgasmic. Eating at Thanh Long is definitely a splurge meal worth every penny, but it’s definitely reserved for special occasions.
I thought, how can I get this deliciousness at home? I searched the internet and found several different garlic noodle recipes. Some I immediately clicked out of because they didn’t have the Thanh Long signature look. I finally found a recipe that caught my eye. Here’s the link https://youtu.be/j09pazAcRLE . After I searched several stores (because finding fresh noodles is virtually impossible when you live outside of San Fran) to find the items on the ingredients list, I went home to test it out.
I didn’t know how it would turn out, but it was absolutely delicious! When testing new recipes, having several children is definitely an advantage! We have some wins and we have some losses, and they are brutally honest, but this dish, was a WIN. There was no denying how good these noodles turned out. I was shook! You mean I can make this dish, at home, for a fraction of the cost, and I don’t have to get dressed up? I’m all in!
I paired my my noodles with what I call, Jazmine’s Simply Prepared Garlic Butter Shrimp.
*DISCLAIMER* – I’m a cook that doesn’t measure, but this is pretty spot on.
1 lb Jumbo Raw Shrimp
2 garlic cloves
1 tbs of olive oil
1/2 tsp of butter
• Peel and devein shrimp. Using a pairing knife, cut right down the back side of each shrimp and remove the back line. That’s poop. No one likes a shitty shrimp.
• Mince the cloves of garlic
• Season the shrimp with kosher salt (it’s salty so use a light hand), paprika, and black pepper to taste
• Using a skillet heat the oil on medium heat, then add butter. Tilt the pan to evenly distribute.
• Add garlic just until fragrant *don’t burn the garlic* burnt garlic is disgusting.
• As soon as the garlic becomes fragrant, add the shrimp. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Cook a few minutes on each side. When they’re pink and firm remove them. Don’t overcook them, they turn into rubber.
Serve them over the noodles (reference photo in the beginning of the blog. It’s definitely drool worthy). So very yummy!
If you make this, let me know how it turns out.
Thinking about turning Tasty Thursday into actual videos. Let me know your thoughts. Would you watch?
Until next time…💖
1 view0 comments